Friday, November 21, 2008

Best kept secret on the internet....

I'm always looking for something cool and free on the Internet. Several months ago a friend turned me on to Pandora. If you're not familiar with this free application, you've been missing out. It's a free music player where you build your own "radio stations". Just type in your favorite song or artist and Pandora will play songs of that same genre. One of may favorite features is the shuffle which is a random play through your selected stations.

Here are my current Pandora radio stations:
-O Holy Night (getting ready for Christmas)
-Brooks and Dunn (for when I'm in the mood for a little country)
-Dave Matthews Band
-Bee Gees (yes, I love 70's music)
-Heart (one of the greatest chick rock and roll bands of all time)
-Chris Tomlin
-Hezekiah Walker (makes me feel like I have rhythm)
-Poison (the ultimate 80's rock band)
-Hillsong United
-The Police
-Hall and Oates

Try it, you'll love it....happy listening!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great that you have such a wide variety. Hezekiah rocks!! I still love that intro "London.....Hezekiah Walker!!!.....Jesus is my help!"....can't help but get movin' when you hear that! But I also like to relax to some piano music too (aka "Jim Brickman")...my uncle told me one time...."oh yeah, Jim Brickman...your grandma has that CD....OUCH!" Hope that you and the fam have a great thanksgiving!

Chris Hill said...

I'm an avid Pandora user. I'm glad someone else is getting the word out. It makes me feel like I'm rumaging through someone else's itunes playlist. Free legal music is awesome.

Marybeth Whalen said...

That's so funny! I love Pandora too! My stations are

Chris Botti
Chris Rea
The Blue Nile
Johann Sebastian Bach (when I feel like having some culture in my life)

and I intend on adding a David Crowder station in the near future

oh, and I met Poison once... remind me to tell you the story... and try not to be jealous of my brush with hair band fame!

Enjoyed seeing you guys the other night-- thanks for coming!