Friday, May 8, 2009

I'm proud of you...

If you were to gather 100 men in a room and ask them this question, "what is the one thing you wish your dad would have told you", without a doubt the answer to that question would be...."I'm proud of you". There's an innate desire resting deep down in a man's heart wanting to know that his father is proud of him.

A father's voice carries significant weight. Jesus heard from his Father "this is my son in whom I am well pleased". The heavenly Father was proud of His Son and He took time out of his busy schedule to speak into His Son's life. The fact that it's recorded in scripture in huge....There is a good and natural desire to know that the father is proud of you. Many men reading this blog have never heard their father say those words. A grown man in his 50's will still well up with tears in his eyes thinking about it.

Fathers go and look you son in the eyes, hold them close and speak life into them..."I'm proud of you son". If he's heard it a million times, he needs to hear it again, again, and again. Mother's, if you're in a place where your son doesn't have an active father in their life...let them know how proud you are of them. And to all of you, I wish I could look each one of you in the face and simply let you know that your heavenly father is proud of you!!!!

I want you to do something, it may be kinda corny or cheesy, but recite these words out loud, "My heavenly Father loves me and He is proud of me". Keep repeating those words until you feel it in your heart....I pray that profound truth settle deep into your soul!!!!

No comments: