Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Motherly Advice...

If you had a mom like mine, and I'm guessing you did, they were usually right. Mothers have an intuition and an innate ability to see things as they really are. Whether it's knowing you're telling a lie or that you haven't brushed your teeth...moms just know.

As I look back at life I would have been better off had I listened to more of what my mom said. In an attempt to be "independent" I made some dumb choices that would have been avoided had I heeded her advice.

So when you look for motherly advice in scripture you have to turn to Mary, the mother of Jesus. I bet she had some profound things to share which would be beneficial for us today. In John chapter 2, Jesus first miracle is recorded. He was attending a wedding where they ran out of wine, so he decided to take ordinary water and turn it into extraordinary wine. Mary's advice to the servants helping at the wedding was profound, she said "Do whatever he tells you."

That's pretty good motherly advice, "Do whatever Jesus tells you to do." That's the type of advice you should tattoo on your arm so you see it every day. That's the kind of direction you should recite as often as possible. How about you? Who is in your ear? Who are you taking direction from? Who are you listening to? Are you allowing Jesus to speak to the deepest part of your heart? When you hear him, are "Doing" what he's telling you to do?

Mary's advice is probably the best motherly advice you could ever receive....that along with wear clean underwear in case you get in an accident!

No comments: