Monday, September 22, 2008

God is moving in Charlotte....

At Elevation Pastor Steven wants all the staff to take a Sunday off per quarter. It's a great time to rest, plan a vacation around or if you're like me visit as many other churches as you can. So that's what I did yesterday, I visited 2 other churches in Charlotte and God affirmed a few things in the process....

1. He is on the move in Charlotte....there are some great churches out there seeking His face and God is using them to change lives. This city is in the midst of an "Awakening".
2. The Kingdom is greater than any single church.
3. If I'm not at Elevation the place will function just fine...

The day started with worshipping at University Park Baptist Church at 7:00am. They were celebrating Bishop Claude Alexander's 18th anniversary as the leader of "The Park". He is a great man and an anointed leader who is being used by God for great things in this city. You hear about them all the time in the news and how God is using them to bless others. I walked away from their service encouraged by the worship and challenged by the message.

After UPBC I headed over to Freedom House Church to catch their 8:30am worship experience. I had heard a lot of great things about these guys and how God was moving through their ministry so I was excited to spend the morning with them. My contact with the church actually started last Friday when I called Megan. She is Pastor Troy and Pastor Penny's assistant. Megan was great, she made to time call me back on a busy weekend and was a gracious host on Sunday. The church meets in an elementary school and they did a phenomenal job and made the place look great. They labor to create a life changing experience for their guests and it shows. I was warmly welcomed by Jeff Grover their Life Pastor. He took some time to share their story and show me around. The worship was great, Andre Gonzales their Worship Pastor is a passionate guy it showed. I got the chance to meet Pastor Troy and talk with Pastor Penny on the phone and they are the real deal. They love God and love people....something Jesus is blessing. I really believe they are going to blow up and have a huge impact in the city of Charlotte.

Pastor Steven keeps telling us as a staff that we're a part of something special, but it's a whole lot bigger than Elevation. We're a part of a Kingdom movement and we take the time to get out the business of our details we'll see that God is on the move all around us. I am so thankful that He called Elevation to Charlotte and I'm honored that we're partnered with great churches like University Park and Freedom House!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was so great to meet you Sunday! You can tell that the love of God's people and his kingdom just runs in your blood when you are taking your vacation day to visit other churches. Especially that early in the morning!
Btw- are you from Kent? I went to Kent State -trumbull branch during my senior year in high school. My family is from the area. How neat, huh?

Anonymous said...

thanks for coming by Larry. We are all here in charlotte just cooperating with what God is already doing. Thanks for coming by. We pray often for you guys. Keep up the great work.