Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Potential....

I've been thinking a lot about this concept recently. As I hold my new daughter I pray that she grow into her full potential in Christ, that she become the person that God made her to be. For her to maximize the full potential that God placed inside of her.

God created you and placed a significant destiny inside of you. When He formed you he did not place limitations on your potential. He did not put a ceiling on your possibilities, they are in fact limitless. He looked upon you and saw all the potential in His creation.

But something happened along the way, limitations and ceilings were artificially placed in your path that God never intended to be there. Other people's distorted perceptions became your reality. Lies, fears and doubt began running through your mind pushing aside the limitless potential God placed in your soul.

Let me remind you of something...you, yes you reading this blog have all the potential in the world. When God created you He did not put a cap or ceiling on your potential...it is limitless. You've been listening to the wrong voices in your life and believing lies for too long! Start listening to the right voices and looking at your present reality through the lens of Christ. Let His opinion define your worth and self perception!!!!

Can you tell I'm a little fired up right now!! I wasted too many days of my life staring at my self imposed ceiling rather than focusing the potential He placed inside of me. Pastor Steven has taught me many things but I thank him the most for teaching me this principal...God placed a significant destiny inside of me!!

Are you staring at your self imposed ceiling or focusing on your potential in Christ? Who is speaking encouragement and destiny into you? What words are coming out of your mouth about yourself and others? What thoughts roll through your head about yourself and others? There's a great destiny inside of you...don't let artificial limitations keep you from experiencing God's best!!!

No comments: