Monday, October 27, 2008

2 Chances at Childhood...

As I sit and hold my 8 week old daughter I'm reminded of a great piece of advice a friend once share with me. He told me that you get two chances childhood. Unfortunately, the first one you have very little say so in because you're the kid and someone else is making all the choices for you. But the second childhood is the one you provide for your kids because now you're in a place to make the decisions.

What's horrible is if you started out 0 for 1. If you grew up in an environment that didn't set you up for success I'm sorry, I wish it would not have turned out that way. What's tragic is if you end up 0 for 2. To go through a difficult childhood only to repeat the cycle in your kids is truly tragic.

Stop and ask yourself the question how you want to finish. Let that answer guide your heart and mind as you make choices consistent with that truth, because you do get a second chance at childhood....what will you do with it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whooooaaa...

GREAT thought Larry! Great thought!

Your kids are blessed to call you "dad". You put a "face" on Proverbs 17:6.