Monday, October 13, 2008

Catalyst 08....

Last week Elevation took a load of people to Catalyst, well over 100 in all. Half were staff and spouses and the other half were volunteers that took time away from their families to be a part of the experience. If I were to write out everything that happened this would be the longest blog entry ever, so I'll bullet the highlights of the experience:
  • Elevation is the most generous church. We paid for all of the staff and spouses along with a bunch of volunteers to attend. In addition Pastor Steven made sure that the entire core team, the 8 families that sold their homes and moved to Charlotte to start Elevation were there.
  • Pastor Steven tore it up. He preached one of the most inspired messages I have ever heard. The anointing of God was all over him...seriously he could have read "The Reader's Digest" and God would have ministered to people through it.
  • Before Pastor Steven got up to preach I about passed out because of the excitement...I think I threw up in my mouth...disgusting I know.
  • During Pastor's sermon he had the original core team stand up and he recognized us in front of the 12,000 people in attendance. A memory that will last a life time...thank you Pastor Steven!
  • My wife continues to amaze me. We took our 5 week old daughter and my wife didn't miss a beat, she was engaged through everything because she wanted to be there and she knew how important it was to me.
  • God has given extreme favor to our church...may we never take it for grated!!!
  • I am humbled that God would allow me to be of this amazing movement.
  • We have an amazing staff, they truly would do anything to advance the gospel...

Thank you Elevators for believing in the vision of "seeing people far from God filled with life in Christ." Our first 2 1/2 years have been amazing...I can't wait to see what's going to happen next!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am excited about what God is doing at elevation! The giving heart that is expressed by your church inspires me to give freely and selflessly.

Love you guys