Saturday, August 16, 2008

False Labor....

It's late on a Friday night. I can't sleep because we had a little bit of reality check tonight. Janet, my lovely 37 1/2 week pregnant wife had excruciating back pain. It was coming in 10 minute intervals and we thought she may be having "back labor". After calling the doctor and getting some advice we monitored the pain and within a few hours it diminished. The scare passed and we're chalking it up as muscle spasms. A few reflections on the events of the night:
  1. My wife is a whole lot tougher than me....I would have been asking for morphine, but she was in "some" discomfort.
  2. As much as we planned, painted and prepped we still were not completely ready. It is amazing how fast things can sneak up on you.
  3. Being a father is one of the most incredible privileges a man can ever have.
  4. Our 2 1/2 year old son Corbin is a sweet boy, but rough. I will not be surprised if he starts dragging his new sister around like a toy.
  5. I can't wait to meet our daughter Daelyn Carley Brey, I just hope it's not on a Sunday.

We'll keep you posted on when the big event happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're excited for you man! A little girl is gonna rock your world a whole lot harder than five minutes with Chuck Liddel would! After four of them... I know of what I speak!

Seriously, it's the greatest honor to be the father of a daughter. Enjoy!