Monday, August 11, 2008

Holy hangover....

Monday's are kinda rough....especially after big Sunday's. The best way I can describe it is "a holy hangover". There's no alcohol involved, but you feel like you've been on an all night bender. A typical Sunday at Elevation starts by rolling into the school parking lot at 5:00am and ends when I walk into my house between 3:30 -4:00. It's a full out sprint that lasts all day. The holy hangover stems from an environment that drains me physically, emotionally and spiritually. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. I can't believe I get to do what I do. I have the best job (calling) in the world. What I get to do every day is the best 4 hours of the week for many of our volunteers.

Today was not immune to the hangover. We had been praying and asking God to do something so amazing that we could not take any credit. We asked Him to do something so profound that it leaves no doubt that He was behind it. Well, He did it!! After two weeks of baptism 1,044 people responded.

It may have been the best two weeks that I have ever been a part of at Elevation. Hundreds of volunteers invested countless hours, Pastor Steven preached the best sermons I've ever heard and God moved. I can't believe God allowed us to be a part of it. It's an experience that I will tell my grandchildren.

As a staff we celebrated God's faithfulness, Pastor Steven took the entire staff out to lunch where we retold the stories from the weekend. We were all exhausted, but in the best way!!!

No comments: